Tuesday, June 2, 2009

IPL is All Bakwaas..!!

I do not know if I'm the first or just one of those few people who criticize so called latest Indian version of cricket but I ,in all sense,hate this very concept of cricket. I've always felt that any match ..be it Cricket or Football..each team has to have that killer instinct,unshakable determination not to lay down arms and should feel that fire to destroy and slaughter the other team. Every single player must know of their responsibility to perform not just for themselves but for the country they represent. Only when you feel fire to kick your opponent's ass then it turns out to be an interesting Game. But with IPL ,it's all about crap.

I'm not against the format..20-20 does make the Game interesting and I simply love 20-20 game but what I do not understand is how two people who played against each other at some point of time and felt the need to kick each other's arse... can now come together to represent the same team and still feel the geniality.
Can you imagine Symonds and Bhajji representing the same team(I know they do not..but imagine),Bhajji bowls someone out and Symonds hugging him? No!!..A big No is what gets out of everyone but then IPL can make your weirdest dreams come true. I wonder what if IPL had been introduced say some ten yrs ago..we would have seen Venkatesh Prasad and Aamir Sohail playing together for the same team...simply incredible.

As far as my opinion is concerned IPL to me is all bakwaas. It's more of a game of money rather representing true meaning of sports and sportmanship.I know many of you would try to confute my point of view by stating that IPL has managed to involve the media and the masses, it is much bigger than a sport here. IPL has done this ...is doing this and would do this,that and God only knows what. But to me it just does not signify true sport.



A team which is representing some big billionaire rather than a country or a state, a team where players play together just because they have been bought by one common man,a team where players play just for the sake of money,a team which is named Kolkata Knight Riders and has just one Mr. Ganguly is just beyond my ability to understand the meaning or importance of true sports.






In a nutshell...IPL seems all bakwaas to me despite of its rising popularity,success stories and huge amount of money involved.
I'm simply averse to IPL and its underlying concept.

These pictures have more to say about IPL than me.

No comments: